The number of Pomeranian breeders has rapidly grown due to the soaring demand for Pomeranian puppies. With its adorable appearance and miniature size, the Pomeranian continues to be extremely popular.
Although there are numerous breeders all over the country, it is important to know that not all breeders are reputable. Distinguishing a good Pomeranian breeder from an unethical one may not be as simple.
If you are looking for a list of responsible and conscientious breeders with Pomeranian puppies for sale, this article is perfect for you. These breeders are known to prioritize the puppies’ health and safety.
10 Best Places to Buy Pomeranian Puppies
The Pomeranian breeders listed below are some of the best-known places to purchase Pomeranian puppies. They have reputable reputations supported by numerous satisfied and loyal customers.
These breeders are all recognized by the American Pomeranian Club (APC). All the contact information and details you would need to get in touch with your selected breeder are included below.
1. Mi Babe Pomeranians – Arkansas
Located in central Arkansas about 30 miles north of Little Rock, Mi Babe Pomeranians is the home of beautiful, American Kennel Club (AKC) champion show Pomeranians.
Mi Babe Pomeranians has been a member of the American Pomeranian Club (APC) since 1985. They have also been a member of the Central Arkansas Pomeranian Club (CAPC) for over 20 years.
Their main goal is to produce healthy, happy, and beautiful Pomeranian puppies for the show ring or any home. They have been breeding for over 30 years and have produced numerous champions.
This Pomeranian breeder mainly breeds from high-quality female Pomeranians. Their pet Poms are of better quality than most pet websites since they are bred from parent Pomeranians with unique genetics.
Mi Babe Pomeranians is not a volume breeder. They focus primarily on quality, so they only produce around two to three Pomeranian puppy litters per year.
Mi Babe Pomeranians (MBP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Mi Babe Pomeranians
- Address: 72058 Greenbrier, Arkansas
- Phone: (501) 269-3699 / (501) 679-6683
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Mi Babe Pomeranians does not breed Merle Poms. The “Mi” in “Mi Babe” is pronounced as “my.”
2. Silhouette Pomeranians – Virginia
Silhouette Pomeranians is a breeder known for its Pomeranian champions. Since its establishment in 2002, this breeder has produced over 50 Pomeranian champions in several kennel events worldwide.
Aside from being recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC), they are also recognized by other major kennel organizations, such as the American Pomeranian Club (APC) and the Pomeranian Club of Central Virginia (PCCV).
Silhouette Pomeranians was also granted a Breeder of Merit certificate by the American Kennel Club (AKC). This certifies the required commitment and dedication in breeding Pomeranians to their standards.
Their house-turned-facility showcases a puppy nursery room, playroom, grooming area, and a spacious backyard for the puppies and adult dogs to roam freely.
The Pomeranian puppies for sale come with their pedigree documents to show you their ancestral lineage. Silhouette Pomeranian puppies cost around $2,000 to $3,000, depending on their color.
Silhouette Pomeranians (SP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Silhouette Pomeranians
- Address: 2366 Hampton, Virginia
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook and YouTube.
- Special Note: Interested buyers may contact them via email or visit their facility in Virginia. They currently do not ship their Pomeranian puppies.
3. Avalon Poms – Idaho
Avalon Poms is a small Pomeranian breeder that has been striving for excellence in Pomeranian quality, type, and temperament since 1992.
Avalon Poms is a lifetime member of the American Pomeranian Club (APC). They are also recognized as an American Kennel Club (AKC) Breeder of Merit.
From a young age, their puppies are taught to use doggie doors for potty training and outdoor play. This is done to ensure the ease of in-house training once the Pomeranian puppies are rehomed.
They offer several colors of Pomeranian puppies, such as orange, cream, white, sable, black, and tan. The prices of their puppies may vary depending on the color of their coats.
All their Pomeranian puppies are only fed the highest quality food recommended by a certified clinical nutritionist. They are also exposed to early socialization and training to improve their temperament.
American Kennel Club (AKC) papers, a pedigree, and an information pack are provided with each puppy. The Pomeranian puppies for sale cost around $2,500 to $3,500.
Avalon Poms (AP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Avalon Poms
- Address: 75201 Mink Creek Rd, Pocatello, ID
- Phone: (208) 251-3916
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook.
- Special Note: Avalon Poms only ships nationwide by puppy nanny delivery. The estimated shipping & handling charge costs around $300 to $450.
4. Nottingham Poms – Florida
Located in Nottingham, Florida, Nottingham Poms is a breeder whose love for Pomeranians goes back many years.
Their first Pom was adopted in 1995, but it wasn’t until several years later that they decided to start breeding.
This Pomeranian breeder focuses on breeding puppies that fall within the breed standard set by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the American Pomeranian Club (APC).
Nottingham Poms is also a recognized New Exhibitor Mentor and an American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Ambassador. They take pride in helping rescues and educating people to be responsible dog owners and breeders.
This breeder strives to produce Poms with great dispositions. Since each Pomeranian puppy receives special love and attention from the family in their home, the puppies develop wonderful character and temperament.
Nottingham Poms emphasizes that a lot of research and thought goes into their breeding process. Not all of the Poms pictured on their site are part of their breeding program.
The Pomeranian puppies for sale range from $3,500 to $5,500. Selected puppies can be held for a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 upon request. They strictly do not sell to backyard breeders, puppy mills, and brokers.
Nottingham Poms (NP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Nottingham Poms
- Address: Lake Helen, Florida
- Phone: (386) 473-6851
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook.
- Special Note: In order to be notified about the availability of their Pomeranian puppies, you may submit the application form on their website to be included on their waitlist.
5. Char’s Poms – Michigan
Founded in 1993, Char’s Pomeranians is an American Kennel Club (AKC) recognized breeder located in Michigan. Their primary goal is to consistently produce Pomeranian puppies with the best personality and quality.
Their breeding facility features a grooming area, a designated Pom room, some pens on pea stone for cleanliness on wet days, and a spacious fenced grass yard for Poms to run and play.
This Pomeranian breeder ensures that their puppies get the best of everything. They observe proper sleep and playtime, receive exceptional veterinary care, and are raised in a loving home.
Their Pomeranian puppies are only fed with the best selection of food, treats, and vitamins. They also receive regular all-around intensive grooming to maintain their soft and healthy coats.
From the time they are born, the Pomeranian puppies are held several times each day. This aids in the ease of transition from the facility to their new homes.
The Pomeranian puppies for sale range from $4,000 to $5,000. Char’s Poms chooses to sell the puppies when they are 9 to 11 weeks old. Continuous training is done until the puppies are rehomed.
Char’s Poms (CP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Char’s Poms
- Address: 3292 Bark River, Michigan
- Phone: (906) 466-9048
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Special Note: Char’s Pomeranians is the current owner of the youngest and fastest, first parti-color, first grand champion, and top winning parti-color Pomeranians in the world.
6. Townsend Pomeranians – California
Located in the San Francisco Bay area, Townsend Pomeranians is a member of both the Northern California Pomeranian Club (NCPC) and the American Pomeranian Club (APC).
Townsend Pomeranians is a breeder known for breeding champion Pomeranians. Their breeding process is carefully planned in order to attain their goal of breeding their next show Poms.
This Pomeranian breeder focuses on producing puppies with sound structure, movement, and outgoing personalities.
Since they choose to keep their Pomeranian litters relatively small, they seldom have Pomeranian puppies or adult Pomeranians available for sale as show prospects or pets.
The Pomeranian puppies sold for companionship are of the same pedigrees as their show Pomeranians. They are placed as valued companions in appropriate and loving homes.
Their website features several of their top-winning Pomeranians and the available puppies bred from these champion pedigrees.
Townsend Pomeranians (TP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Townsend Pomeranians
- Address: San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: Townsend Pomeranians does not have any social media accounts aside from their website. If you are interested in purchasing a Pomeranian puppy, you may contact them using the email provided above.
7. Ti Amo Poms – New York
Ti Amo Poms is a Pomeranian breeder whose mission is to produce beautiful, sound, and healthy Pomeranians. They consider all their Poms special puppies in and out of the show ring.
Founded by a licensed physician, Ti Amo Poms is a non-kennel breeder. They are also recognized as a Breeder of Merit by the American Kennel Club (AKC).
They strictly adhere to the standards of the American Pomeranian Club (APC) and the American Kennel Club (AKC) while continually striving to improve the Pomeranian breed.
Their Poms are only fed well-researched dog food as well as homemade dog treats. This Pomeranian breeder has spent countless hours researching dog nutrition to avoid any health issues in their breeding program.
Breeding quality is more important to Ti Amo Poms than breeding quantity; therefore, they only have a few litters per year. All their Pomeranian puppies are socialized at a very young age to hone their temperament.
Ti Amo Poms (TAP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Ti Amo Poms
- Phone: (631) 256-6127
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Ti Amo Poms does not ship their Pomeranian puppies. They prefer to have interested buyers select and claim their desired puppies in person at their facility.
8. Charm City Poms – Maryland
Located in Baltimore County, Maryland, Charm City Poms primarily breeds for Pomeranian health, temperament, and type. They specialize in Poms with black, merle, and chocolate coat colors.
Their breeding program is unique in the sense that they specialize in less traditional Pomeranian colors. All Poms are health tested in accordance with the recommendations of the American Pomeranian Club (APC).
Charm City Pomeranian puppies are not up for sale until after they have been fully checked and evaluated by a veterinarian. This is for the protection of both the puppies and the customers.
Having the puppies checked at a very young age allows the breeder to get better insight into the puppy’s temperament, size prediction, and personality.
Their Pomeranian prices range from $2,500 to $5,000 depending on the type of Pomeranian selected. They carefully plan each breeding and deeply care for each Pomeranian puppy and adult.
Charm City Poms (CCP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Charm City Poms
- Address: Baltimore County, Maryland
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Special Note: Charm City Poms does not have a waitlist for interested buyers. They choose to fully evaluate if the customer will be a good match for the puppy and vice versa.
9. Edencroft Pomeranians – New Hampshire
Located in Merrimack, New Hampshire, Edencroft Pomeranians is a breeder who breeds for health, temperament, and breed type.
Edencroft Pomeranians strives to produce puppies that meet the American Kennel Club (AKC) standards. These include puppy structure, health, and temperament.
The Pomeranian puppies for sale are fully checked and evaluated by a licensed veterinarian before being offered for purchase. Applications for a Ti Amo Pomeranian puppy are open after they are evaluated.
This Pomeranian breeder chooses to ensure that their puppies end up in good homes. They do so by requiring potential buyers to send an email about themselves as well as their background and lifestyle.
Ti Amo Poms offers three types of Pomeranian puppies — companions, retiring adults, and show-quality pups. Their litters are usually limited, so they encourage interested buyers to email them regarding availability.
Their puppy prices range from $3,500 to $5,500, while the adult prices range from $1,500 to $3,000.
Edencroft Pomeranians (EP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Edencroft Pomeranians
- Address: Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Their companion puppies are placed no younger than four months of age with limited American Kennel Club (AKC) registration on spay/neuter contracts.
10. ColorMe Pomeranians – Colorado
ColorMe Pomeranians is a breeder focused on producing show-quality Pomeranians with strong pedigrees and known genetics to produce unique eye and coat colors.
This breeder currently has eight show poms being bred, three of which are show ring champions. They bred their first litter in 2019 and consistently produced great litters in the succeeding years.
ColorMe Pomeranians strives to breed future champions. Aside from show Poms, they also occasionally sell companion Pomeranian puppies to place in loving homes.
They aim to produce healthy Pomeranian puppies and work hard to breed out genetic defects while preserving their best-known traits. Pomeranian puppies are put up for sale when they reach 11 weeks old.
ColorMe does not ship their Pomeranian puppies to other areas outside of the state. They recommend personally claiming the puppies or availing of local nanny delivery instead.
Their Pomeranian prices range from $1,250 to $4,500. A deposit of $500 is needed to hold the puppy you select for purchase. This deposit can be given when the puppy is three weeks old.
The ColorMe Pomeranians (CMP) Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: ColorMe Pomeranians
- Address: Denver Area, Colorado
- Phone: (330) 840-4900
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: They accept cash, checks, credit cards, and PayPal for payments.
Despite the credibility of the breeders, it still pays to practice caution before beginning any transaction. You can also watch this video to learn more tips on how to immediately spot a puppy scam online:
Other Sources to Find Pomeranian Puppies for Sale
Finding a responsible Pomeranian breeder has become simpler with the help of various websites and their trusted recommendations. The only problem is that these breeders tend to have extremely limited litters.
If there are no available Pomeranian puppies with your selected breeder, listed below are other reputable sources with Pomeranian puppies for sale:
- American Kennel Club (AKC) Marketplace – There are over a hundred Pomeranian puppies for sale on the AKC Marketplace. By purchasing through this website, you are ensured that each breeder is reputable and responsible. The Pomeranian breeder’s affiliation, history, and achievements are also included on the website.
- Good Dog – Good dog is a well-known and trusted network for reputable breeders. There are over 300 Pomeranian puppies for sale in several locations around the United States. You can find breeders who also offer different modes of puppy transport, such as ground delivery, flight nanny, and pet air cargo.
- PuppySpot – PuppySpot is an online community of dog lovers committed to connecting the nation’s top breeders with caring and responsible pet owners. You can easily search for Pomeranian puppies for sale according to age, color, and location.
Moreover, there are several other online sources where you can find Pomeranian puppies for sale or adoption.
Feel free to check the American Pomeranian Club (APC) Breeder Referral Committee for more reputable sources.
How Much Does a Pomeranian Cost? Puppy Prices & Expenses
The cost of purchasing a Pomeranian puppy from a reputable Pomeranian breeder can range between $1,500 and $6,000. These prices may vary depending on the rarity of the puppy’s coat and eye color.
Aside from the cost of purchasing a Pomeranian, owning these puppies entails several other basic expenses. Below is a tabulated list of all the essentials your puppy would need, along with their prices:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Food and Treats||$30 – $80|
|Bowls||$10 – $30|
|Toys||$20 – $30|
|Beds||$30 – $200|
|Collars and Leashes||$15 – $50|
|Crates and Carriers||$30 – $200|
|Grooming Essentials||$50 – $150|
|Initial Vet Visits||$100 – $500|
|Initial Vaccine Shots||$50 – $300|
|Deworming, Flea, and Tick Medications||$40 – $300|
|Neutering or Spaying||$50 – $500|
|Microchipping||$40 – $60|
|Dog License||$10 – $20|
|Other Essentials||$20 – $50|
|Total Initial Cost||$495 – $2,470|
The number of expenses and their total cost may seem overwhelming at first. However, the majority of these expenses are only one-time purchases.
When purchasing items for your Pomeranian puppy, be sure to invest in high-quality items. These may usually cost more, but they will last longer compared to cheap, low-quality items.
How Do You Find the Best Pomeranian Breeders in Your Area?
With the growing selection of Pomeranian Breeders to choose from, several breeders may appear similar to one another. You may be wondering how you can pick the best one for you.
If you are experiencing difficulty in selecting the best Pomeranian breeder near you, here are a few tips you can follow to help hasten and secure your search:
- Ask for a referral from your veterinarian. Veterinarians often personally know reputable breeders within the area. Asking them for a referral can help connect you with a trusted Pomeranian breeder near you.
- Join Pomeranian forums and groups online. There are several Pomeranian forums and groups online that you can join for free. Many trusted breeders are usually recommended in these groups. You may also ask other members about their experience with their Pomeranian breeder.
- Visit a pet show. Pet shows are one of the most common places where you can find breeders and dog lovers altogether. Visiting a local pet show can help you learn more about training dogs while you discover some Pomeranian breeders near you.
- Research the breeders’ reputations. Due to the increase in Pomeranian breeders, it may be difficult to select the best one near you. Do thorough research on your top breeder choices and learn more about their backgrounds and methods in breeding.
Although referrals may seem like the easiest way to find reputable breeders, you must remember that it is still your full responsibility to check whether your selected Pomeranian breeder is good and responsible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Find the Best Pomeranian Breeder?
The best breeder may vary from one person to another, depending on your specific needs. Some of these include the kind of dog you are looking for and the budget you have for purchasing expenses.
The best breeder for you will be a responsible and reputable breeder with the exact puppy you desire in the price range you are willing to pay. An ideal candidate is also one located near you to lessen transportation costs.
How Do You Tell If a Breeder Is a Good Breeder?
Good breeders spend years researching their selected pedigree and planning breeds. They choose only to practice the best and safest methods of breeding puppies.
There is no single way to determine whether a breeder is a good one. This is why it is your full responsibility to do thorough research on your selected breeder.
What Questions Should You Ask a Breeder When Buying a Puppy?
Before purchasing a puppy, it is important to ask how they were bred and contained, along with the guarantee provided by the breeder after purchase.
Each individual has different needs when selecting a breeder. It is essential to ask questions to determine whether you’re working with a breeder that best fits you and your lifestyle.
Inquire about specific health issues and testing for the breed you are interested in. Also, ask about their temperament, training, socialization, and enrichment.
How Do You Know If a Dog Breeder Is Scamming You?
There may be instances where it is difficult to spot whether a dog breeder is a scam or not. Some red flags to look out for are copycat or stock photos on their website, sketchy payment methods, and no contacts being provided.
To avoid being scammed, be sure to check for reviews and referrals online. You can also opt to meet your selected breeder in person before making any transactions.
The search for the best reputable breeder may be a tedious one. With the increasing number of both ethical and unethical Pomeranian breeders, it has become more difficult to differentiate one from the other.
It is recommended to take your time in selecting the Pomeranian breeder that suits you best. By doing so, you can avoid rushing into an uncertain transaction that may result in serious consequences.
Whether you decide to purchase from a Pomeranian breeder or adopt from your local shelter, the best place to purchase a Pomeranian puppy is one that meets all your needs and surpasses all your expectations.
Feel free to comment on your experience in purchasing from a Pomeranian breeder below. All questions are also welcome!