Beagles are small scent hounds that were initially developed as hunting dogs. While they were popular with hunters in the past, these lively pups are now well-loved worldwide as family pets.
Beagles are known for being devoted to their owners and good at getting along with their families. Adopting a Beagle puppy can be a rewarding experience and could bring joy and companionship into your life.
If you are ready to become a Beagle owner, read on! This article conveniently lists reputable and quality breeders across the United States for your easy contact and purchase.
10 Best Places to Buy Beagle Puppies
Aside from having friendly and inquisitive personalities, Beagles are also relatively easy to care for. These traits make a Beagle a wonderful choice if you consider an additional member in your home.
As they are popular and an in-demand breed, Beagle puppies are also often sold at a lower price by puppy mills. Although quite appealing, many of these breeders are unregistered and do not guarantee the puppies’ well-being.
To save you time and effort in verifying reputable breeders, here is a list of recommended and trusted breeders where you can get your new Beagle.
1. Rancho Robles Kennels – Texas
Rancho Robles Kennels is a small Beagle breeding operation based in Texas. They breed and offer Beagle puppies for sale that are good for hunting and family companionship.
The kennel has been in operation for over 30 years and has been proud of the pedigrees of its breeding dogs and their health certifications. This kennel is registered with the AKC and follows their breeding and animal care guidelines.
This breeder, however, has a limited number of litters each year as they prioritize the health and well-being of their Beagles.
Aside from breeding Beagles, Rancho Robles Kennels also provides training services for hunting dogs.
Rancho Robles Kennels emphasizes the importance of responsible dog ownership and encourages potential buyers to ask questions and learn about the breed before making a purchase.
Their website offers help and resources on caring for a Beagle, as well as contact information for interested buyers.
Rancho Robles Kennels Information and Details:
- Website: Rancho Robles Kennels
- Address: 13915 Tierra Grande Dr, Needville, TX 77461
- Phone: (210) 446-9310
- Email: Holly.Robles@RanchoRoblesKennels.com
- Socials: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok
2. Lane Rae Beagles – Florida
Lana Rae, the breeder founder, has always been captivated by animals and showed an early interest in dog exhibiting before beginning her breeding career in 2009.
Lana had worked as a professional handler’s assistant and held a number of credentials in small animal nutrition, canine massage treatment, and canine behavioral science.
She managed to create more than 60 champions over at least 13 years. Just last year, one of her Beagles won the AKC’s Beagle of the Year title.
Despite the fact that her breeding program has produced performance and show pups, her primary goal is still to breed Beagle companions.
This Beagle breeder upholds strict breeding standards as a member of the National Beagle Club of America and Florida Hound Association and holds an AKC Breeder of Merit.
The Beagle pups should have a wide range of distinct personalities, kind temperaments, and excellent health. They are all AKC registered as well. Depending on the pup’s age and level of training, prices may vary.
Lane Rae Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: Lana Rae Beagles
- Address: SW 143rd St., Archer, FL 32618
- Phone: (352) 316-9612
- Email: laneraeBeagles@gmail.com
- Socials: Facebook
- Special Note: This breeder is currently working on a new website, and you may have to use a different link once it’s running.
3. KanD Beagles – Texas
KanD Beagles, a family-run kennel in Texas, is dedicated to breeding Beagles that are healthy and well-behaved. All of their canines are examined for over 170 ailments, including widespread genetic disorders.
This breeder is a participant of AKC’s “Bred with H.E.A.R.T.” and a National Beagle Club member. This requires KanD to uphold strict standards for health, education, accountability, and responsibility in the care of their Beagles.
All of their dogs are AKC registered, meaning customers are assured of standard Beagle pups. They participate in a number of AKC events and have produced several Beagle champions.
This breeder believes appropriate socializing, neurological stimulation, and early smell recognition also help form their puppies’ temperaments.
Their Beagle puppies for sale are also allowed to run freely around the breeder’s main yard and over their whole farm. These characteristics help the puppies adapt to their new families more quickly.
A waiting list is used for the adoption procedure, and the puppy will be ready for the new owner in nine weeks.
KanD Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: KanD Beagles
- Address: 12000 FM 697 Whitewright, Texas 75491
- Phone: (972) 674-9595
- Email: kandBeagles@hotmail.com
- Socials: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr
- Special Note: This breeder is currently working on a new website, and you may have to use a different link once it’s running.
4. Jackpot & Kingsbury Hounds – Georgia
Jackpot Beagle is a small, family-owned kennel located in Georgia that specializes in breeding and showing AKC-registered Beagles. Owners Russ and Sheila have been involved with Beagles for over 30 years.
With a wealth of experience in breeding, showing, and caring for Beagles, this kennel produces high-quality dogs that can excel both in the show ring and as loving family pets.
This breeder raises the best caliber conformation, temperament, and healthy Beagle puppies for sale. The website includes photos of their Beagles, as well as information about upcoming litters and available puppies.
Jackpot Beagle believes that breeding dogs with strong genetic foundations and excellent temperaments are essential to producing happy, healthy puppies that can thrive in any environment.
The kennel carefully selects breeding pairs based on their health, temperament, and conformation to produce puppies that meet or exceed AKC breed standards.
They also believe in providing proper socialization and training for their puppies to ensure they develop into well-rounded, confident dogs.
Additionally, the kennel offers a health guarantee for their puppies and works closely with new owners to ensure they are well-cared for throughout their lives.
Jackpot & Kingsbury Hounds Information and Details:
- Website: Jackpot & Kingsbury Hounds
- Address: 3269 Wages Cir, Dacula, GA, United States, Georgia
- Phone: (770) 513-3243
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: Facebook
5. Everwind Ranch Beagles – Pennsylvania
Everwind Ranch is a small, family-owned kennel located in Pennsylvania. The owners, a couple named Lisa and Shane, have been breeding dogs for over 20 years and focus on producing high-quality Saint Bernards and Beagles.
The couple breeder founder prioritizes the health and temperament of their dogs and offers puppies for sale that meet certain health and genetic standards.
Their pups also undergo extensive socialization and training before they are rehomed.
Everwind specializes in two breeds: Saint Bernards and Beagles. For their Beagles, they strive to produce puppies with excellent hunting abilities and friendly and outgoing personalities.
All of their breeding dogs have undergone health screenings to ensure they are free from any inherited health conditions that could be passed on to their puppies.
They also offer a health guarantee and provide ongoing support to their puppy buyers. Their website includes photos of their dogs and testimonials from happy owners who have purchased puppies from Everwind.
Everwind Ranch Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: Everwind Ranch Beagles
- Address: 15871 Sturgis Road, Union City, PA 16438
- Phone: (814) 434-4580
- Email: email@example.com
6. South Beagles – Tennessee
South Beagles, a small kennel operating in Tennessee, is handled by couple Rachel and Tony Southammavong. Rachel, a licensed veterinary nurse, has been breeding since 2000.
Owning an AKC Breeder of Merit tag and being recognized as an official club member, South Beagles prides itself on raising well-rounded puppies that are healthy, happy, and suited for a variety of lifestyles.
Rachel uses her experience as a vet to ensure healthy puppies are properly matched to their family and helps with the transition to its rehoming.
Many of the Beagle puppies for sale from this breeder have successful show careers on the side, with emphasis on proper form and movement, while most of the puppies end up in loving pet homes and make great family dogs.
South Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: South Beagles
- Address: 481 Sam Ridley Pkwy, Smyrna, TN 37167
- Phone: (615) 812-4099
- Email: southBeagles@hotmail.com
- Socials: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
7. L&L Dog Training – Pennsylvania
L&L Dog Training is a dog training center in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, with instructors also raising and breeding AKC-registered litters. Instructor Kathi Gullace particularly breeds Beagle puppies for sale.
Kathi has been involved in the dog world for 25 years, starting with Pomeranians and later adopting Beagles and a Sheltie.
This breeder was introduced to the sport of Scentwork a few years ago while her Beagle, named Shooter, obtained the first Scentwork Master Title in AKC history.
Kathi’s latest endeavor is in the world of breeding, having bred her first litter in 2019. Her breeding principles include selecting for temperament, trainability, and intelligence while preserving the best qualities of the Beagle breed.
L&L Dog Training Information and Details:
- Website: L&L Dog Training
- Address: 501 Avenue B, Latrobe, Pennsylvania 15650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: Facebook
- Special note: Kathi works in coordination with L&L Dog Training, so you may contact the center to get to Kathi.
8. County Line Ridgebacks & Beagles – South Carolina
County Line Ridgebacks & Beagles is a kennel led by breeder Lisa Hoffman who has been breeding standard pups for sale since 1985.
Lisa is an AKC licensed judge for Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Beagles, Afghans, American Foxhounds, and Ibizans, and she is dedicated to the health and well-being of her dogs.
She aims to breed for the betterment of the breed, prioritizing traits such as temperament, structure, and movement. Her litters are health tested with clearances from the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) website.
Lisa breeds Rhodesian Ridgebacks and Beagles to the AKC standard and is a Breeder of Merit. She cautions that adopting a puppy is a process and adopting from her may take patience.
County Line Ridgebacks & Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: County Line Ridgebacks & Beagles
- Address: Chesnee, SC 29323
- Phone: (732) 389-2884
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: Facebook
9. Lanbur Beagles – North Carolina
Lanbur Beagles, founded by Wade Burns and co-owned by Jon Woodring, is a kennel in Advance, North Carolina, that aims to produce top-winning show Beagles and also offers Beagle puppies for sale.
The kennel is located on a 35-acre farm near Winston-Salem, where they also raise world-champion miniature horses.
Wade and Jon used to be show dog handlers and had great success showing Shetland Sheepdogs, Collies, and Beagles until 1992.
Since then, they have only shown their own Beagles and miniature horses. Together, they have over 100 years of experience in the sport of showing dogs.
These breeders have been awarded “Breeder Of The Year” by the National Beagle Club for at least 25 of the last 40 years. They are currently AKC club members and holders of Breeders of Merit.
Lanbur Beagles offer imprinted, highly socialized puppies for sale with their breeding stock, all DNA health tested for 170 diseases.
Lanbur Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: Lanbur Beagles
- Address: Advance, NC 27006
- Phone: (336) 998-4402
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: Facebook
10. Short Acres Beagles – South Carolina
Short Acres Beagles is a reputable breeder in South Carolina that produces healthy, happy, and beautiful Beagles for families to enjoy as companion dogs and family pets.
The breeder carefully selects their parent Beagles based on health, temperament, and conformation. All of their Beagle puppies for sale are raised in their homes and socialized in a family home environment.
This breeder also offers lifetime support and advice to all puppy adopters.
Laura Short, the main breeder, has owned Beagles since 1992 and has been a Beagle breeder since 2002.
She is an AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T. breeder, a Charleston Kennel Club member, a Purina Pro Club member, and a participant in the OFA Health Tested Parents for Healthier Puppies Program.
Short Acres’ Beagle puppies are vaccinated, microchipped, and examined by a licensed veterinarian while their parent Beagles are Embark DNA tested and OFA health tested for over 190 health conditions.
Short Acres Beagles Information and Details:
- Website: Short Acres Beagles
- Address: Bonneau, SC 29431
- Email: laura@shortacresBeagles.com
- Socials: Facebook, Instagram
Other Sources to Find Beagle Puppies for Sale
Not all Beagle breeders produce puppies all year round as they also prioritize the health of the parent dogs — giving the female time to recover from pregnancy naturally.
To reserve an available puppy, you might have to wait an additional six months. In the meantime, you can try these platforms if you really want to find a Beagle puppy for sale:
- AKC Marketplace – The most trustworthy place to seek Beagle pups for sale is on AKC’s website. It will display a list of Beagle breeders who uphold the highest breeding standards and have received the AKC Breeder of Merit award. There are at least a hundred Beagle litters available right now, so there’s a good possibility that your ideal puppy is only a click away.
- Good Dog – The quality of the breeding program used by registered Beagle breeders is evaluated on this website. You may expect healthy Beagle pups and get additional details about the puppy litter and other significant announcements from the breeder’s page.
- PuppySpot – This site is another reliable tool for discovering available Beagle pups. They assure purchasers that the pups on their list are from breeders who have been verified and inspected. The Beagle puppies will be delivered safely to your home and come with a 10-year health warranty.
- NextDayPets – This is another credible source for locating reliable Beagle breeders nationwide. Each Beagle puppy for sale has a “Signature Puppy” sticker, assuring consumers that the puppies have been examined by a veterinarian and have undergone a health screening before being delivered to their new owner.
Although it is relatively easier to search for puppies on these online platforms, owners searching for a new Beagle should always verify if the seller they found reflects the qualities of a reputable breeder.
Want to have better expectations about Beagle puppies? Check out this video to see how these lovable hounds behave as puppies:
How Much Does a Beagle Cost? Puppy Prices & Expenses
A Beagle puppy typically ranges between $700 and $1,800 in the United States. Yet, the cost might go up to $2,500 depending on the puppy’s bloodline.
Caring for your new furry friend also means providing for all their needs. Although raising Beagles is not a burden, you need to check how much it could cost you to take care of one.
Here is a summary of the initial costs of owning a Beagle puppy:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Food and Treats||$70 – $110|
|Bowls||$10 – $30|
|Toys||$30 – $60|
|Beds||$40 – $200|
|Collars and Leashes||$15 – $50|
|Crates and Carriers||$50 – $370|
|Grooming Essentials||$50 – $160|
|Initial Vet Visits||$100 – $500|
|Initial Vaccine Shots||$50 – $200|
|Deworming, Flea, and Tick Medications||$40 – $300|
|Neutering or Spaying||$50 – $500|
|Microchipping||$40 – $60|
|Dog License||$10 – $20|
|Other Essentials||$20 – $50|
|Total Initial Cost||$505 – $2,610|
If you decide to adopt a Beagle puppy, you should be prepared to cover the dog’s fee as well as any additional costs.
Being a responsible owner means providing for your dog’s needs — from food and shelter to grooming and health needs.
How Do You Find the Best Beagle Breeders in Your Area?
It could be challenging for some people to begin their search for a Beagle puppy. You can locate a Beagle breeder in your state, though, if you have access to the correct platforms.
If you’re lucky, they could even be in your neighborhood. By doing this, you may avoid overpaying shipping fees or traveling far to pick up your new dog.
Keep the following list in mind to find a reputable Beagle breeder near you:
- Explore local or national kennel clubs. A list of Beagle breeders in various states, with their contact details and other information, is available from the National Beagle Club of America. The potential owners, however, must still investigate the seller’s credibility.
- Find groups on social media. You can find most stuff today online, including puppies. Many Facebook pages and Instagram profiles are owned by Beagle breeders. Try your luck by typing in “Beagle breeders” and selecting from the many results that appear. Just be careful not to become a victim of fraud.
- Watch a local dog show. It could be a good idea to go and meet some breeders at a scheduled Beagle dog show or performance in your region. This is a simple method to contact other owners and see their champions in action.
- Check Beagle rescue shelters. You may get in touch with many Beagle rescue organizations and shelters if you wish to save an abandoned Beagle puppy. Several of them have websites and social media profiles that post updates about the availability of Beagle pups or adults.
- Ask other Beagle owners. Finding a close friend, acquaintance, or even a family member who owns a Beagle is not unusual. To get suggestions for breeders, call or send them a message – they might have some they trust enough to recommend.
Finding your perfect Beagle pup will require you to exert a little extra effort. Always remember not to be afraid to reach out and ask questions from members of your local Beagle community.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Find the Best Beagle Breeder?
The best dog breeders in operation usually have a reputation for raising and offering top-quality dogs with programs recognized by national registries, such as the AKC and other clubs.
These breeders commonly have long waiting lists for potential owners as well as badges and awards for raising the finest dogs in the area.
How Do You Tell If a Breeder Is a Good Breeder?
A good breeder usually puts the health and well-being of the pups first before anything else. They usually do their best to ensure the puppies live in a suitable home.
Telltale signs of a good breeder also include multiple contact channels on their websites, a waitlist, a strict process for adoption, and claims of awards confirmed by national registries.
What Questions Should You Ask a Breeder When Buying a Puppy?
As a potential owner, do not forget to ask about registration papers, processes, and the pup’s vaccination and health needs. You can also ask about the pup’s parents to better understand how your dog may turn out.
How Do You Know If a Dog Breeder Is Scamming You?
Common red flags for puppy mills or scammers are shady affiliations and claims on awards and their pups. The cost could also usually be well out of the common price range for the puppy – either too high or low.
Some scammers also offer freebies that are too good to be true, while others use questionable links on their websites and social media pages.
Many dog fans choose the Beagle as their loyal companion. They are active and inquisitive canines that make wonderful family pets and show dogs.
The breeders listed on this page have been chosen carefully to fit your needs and interests. They ensure their puppies are examined for congenital diseases and other common medical issues.
You need to select a reliable breeder following strict breeding guidelines to find a healthy and well-balanced Beagle puppy for sale.
It is best to complete your research on the breed and ensure you are prepared for the responsibility and financial expenses before contacting any breeders.
With all these tips, you will surely find the Beagle breeder that will introduce you to your ideal furry companion. Good luck!