The exceptional popularity of the Yorkshire Terrier has resulted in the increase of Yorkie breeders all over the country. This adorable and charming pup continues to capture the hearts of children and adults alike.
Despite the fact that finding a Yorkie breeder has become rather simple in recent years, it is vital to remember that not all breeders may be ethical and conscientious.
If you are searching for responsible Yorkie breeders, this article is perfect for you. This guide also features Yorkie expenses for first-time owners, how to spot a puppy scam, and how to distinguish good breeders from unethical ones.
10 Best Places to Buy Yorkshire Terrier Puppies
All the Yorkie breeders listed below can be found in the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America (YTCA) breeder directory. These are breeders who have agreed to and signed their Code of Ethics and Conduct.
Buyers should always practice utmost care before and during a purchase. Although a breeder has a reputable reputation, it is still the buyer’s responsibility to thoroughly research the selected breeder beforehand.
Listed below are ten Yorkie breeders from several states, along with all their contact information and details for your reference.
1. Charizma Yorkshire Terriers – New York
Charizma Yorkies is a small breeder located in the New York Metropolitan area. This Yorkie breeder has been involved in breeding and training dogs for over 40 years. They continuously strive to breed better with each litter.
Charizma Yorkshire Terriers is a proud member of the YTCA, Yorkshire Terrier Club of Greater New York (YTCGNY), and Progressive Dog Club (PDC).
This Yorkie breeder commits to the quality and health of every Yorkie puppy they breed. All their pups are raised within their home because they believe that doing so most likely results in the development of good temperaments.
They breed to conform to the standard of the YTCA. All Yorkie puppies come with a health guarantee and must be spayed or neutered. They are fully vet checked, vaccinated, and dewormed as well.
Charizma Yorkshire Terriers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Charizma Yorkshire Terriers
- Address: Woodmere, New York
- Phone: (516) 476-2720
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: Charizma Yorkies offers lifetime support to all buyers to ensure the overall well-being of their Yorkie puppies. Registration papers will only be provided upon proof of spaying or neutering.
2. Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers – Connecticut
Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers is a Yorkie breeder located on 13 acres of beautiful land in the northwestern hills of Connecticut. They raise their puppies in their home so they can receive proper socialization and become part of the family.
This Yorkie breeder is a proud member of the YTCA, Northwestern Connecticut Dog Club (NCDC), and Connecticut Dog Federation (CDF).
Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers carefully plans each breeding process in the hopes that they produce another show champion. Their program focuses on quality over quantity, and they strive for good health, structure, and temperament.
This Yorkie breeder does its best to match its dogs with owners that best meet their needs and personalities. Yorkie puppies for sale are at least 12 weeks old and are American Kennel Club (AKC) registered.
Each Yorkie puppy comes with a written contract which includes a health guarantee and a spay/neuter agreement. They have been veterinarian checked, dewormed, and received age-appropriate vaccinations.
Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers
- Address: Sharon, Connecticut
- Phone: (203) 770-1389
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Foxfire Yorkshire Terriers requires a personal meeting with all interested buyers before approval. They do not ship their Yorkie puppies.
3. Bricriu Kennels – Florida
Bricriu Kennels is a Yorkie breeder that handles the lives of Yorkie puppies and adults with great responsibility. Not only do they adhere to the standard requirements of the Yorkie breed, but they strive to improve it continuously.
This Yorkie breeder’s goal is to produce Yorkie puppies with great structure, intelligence, balance, and soundness of form. They have all their pups microchipped, vaccinated, and health tested before they are sold.
Bricriu Kennels sees their Yorkie puppies as family. Their breeding program involves properly monitoring their Yorkie parents’ health and registering them with the American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation (AKCCHF).
Bricriu Kennels Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Bricriu Kennels
- Address: Palm Bay, Florida
- Phone: (321) 298-0807
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: This Yorkie breeder also offers retired Yorkies for sale. These Yorkies may be between 4 and 8 years old. They properly match these pups with owners and homes that can meet all their needs.
4. Dynamo Yorkies – Virginia
Dynamo Yorkies has been raising Yorkshire Terriers for over 30 years. They have also been showing Yorkies in AKC conformation shows for the past 17 years.
Dynamo Yorkies aims to enhance the Yorkshire Terrier breed and spread knowledge about Yorkies to everyone interested. They are dedicated to producing the best quality Yorkie puppies.
All their Yorkie puppies get a lot of socialization at a very young age. They often join trips to visit different places and meet both adults and children. Also, all Yorkie puppies for sale come with a spay/neuter contract.
Dynamo Yorkies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Dynamo Yorkies
- Address: Carrollton, Virginia 23314
- Phone: (757) 778-7081
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Dynamo Yorkies does not ship their puppies. They recommend interested buyers who will travel by plane to fly in-cabin with the Yorkie puppies if needed. This is to ensure the health and safety of the puppies.
5. Caraneal Yorkshire Terriers – Virginia
Caraneal Yorkshire Terriers has over 40 years of experience in breeding and showing Yorkies. Over that span of time, they take pride in having bred some of the top Yorkshire Terriers in the breed.
Eight of their Yorkies have won a total of 44 specialty shows. In 2016 and 2017, they received the award of the Number One Breeder, Owner, and Handler from the YTCA.
This Yorkie breeder emphasizes that their priority is not only the quality of the dogs but also their health. All their Yorkie puppies are raised, properly socialized, and dearly loved within their home.
Caraneal Yorkshire Terriers provides a detailed puppy application form for interested buyers. They aim to match their Yorkie puppies for sale with the best owners and homes suitable for them.
Caraneal Yorkshire Terriers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Caraneal Yorkshire Terriers
- Address: Warrenton, Virginia
- Phone: (540) 347-2336
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: To determine the best match for their Yorkie puppies, only interested buyers who provide them with complete details and the puppy application form will be entertained.
6. Scruffy’s Toys – California
Scruffy’s Toys is a Yorkie breeder that gained interest in showing dogs as early as 1986. This breeder also emphasizes the importance of carefully producing healthy Yorkie puppies to avoid inheriting genetic problems.
This Yorkie breeder takes pride in their extensive experience learning all the different breed-specific characteristics, important structures, and proper attitudes needed in a good show dog.
Their Yorkie puppies are raised within their home and are well-socialized at a very young age. They are for sale when they reach at least 12 weeks of age or when they are physically ready to leave home.
The Yorkie puppies for sale come with a complete puppy pack and a one-year health guarantee against any genetic diseases. These puppies are also up to date with vaccinations and deworming.
This Yorkie breeder also offers lifetime dog support for all of their customers. They treat their Yorkie puppies like family and aim to match them with equally loving owners and homes.
Scruffy’s Toys Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Scruffy’s Toys
- Address: Phelan, California
- Phone: (760) 835-3101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Their Yorkie puppies for sale are not available for shipping. They require all interested buyers to meet them in person to ensure the overall health and safety of each Yorkie puppy.
7. Haute Looks Yorkshire Terriers – Oregon
Haute Looks Yorkshire Terriers is a small breeder who continuously strives to produce Yorkie puppies that are of great and consistent quality. They have over six years of experience in showing Yorkshire Terriers.
This Yorkie breeder is a proud member of the YTCA. Also, they conform to the AKC standard. They follow a breeding program that prioritizes the health of Yorkie puppies.
Haute Looks Yorkshire Terriers has an application form for interested buyers. They emphasize having their Yorkie’s best interests at heart; therefore, they require getting to know each interested buyer thoroughly.
This Yorkie breeder provides a one-year guarantee against any serious congenital disease. Another Yorkie puppy shall be given as a replacement when one becomes available, and the previous puppy shall be returned.
Haute Looks Yorkshire Terriers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Haute Looks Yorkshire Terriers
- Address: 1655 Skipper Avenue, Eugene, Oregon 97404
- Phone: (760 ) 937-2121
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You can follow them on Facebook for more updates.
- Special Note: If a Yorkie puppy is returned for any other reason than failure to pass the veterinarian examination, one-third of the total sales price will be deemed forfeited.
8. Jam’s Yorkies – Indiana
Jam’s Yorkies has been a breeder for over ten years. This Yorkie breeder believes in producing quality dogs that represent the Yorkshire Terrier standard. They emphasize the importance of quality over quantity.
All their Yorkie puppies are raised within their home. They choose not to place their pups in kennels because they see them as part of their family. They are loved and spoiled daily to ensure they get all the socialization they need.
Once the Yorkie puppies are eight weeks old, they begin training them with the use of pee pads and doggy doors. They are also fully vet-checked, vaccinated, and registered with the AKC.
The Yorkie puppies for sale are at least 10 to 12 weeks old. A one-year health guarantee is provided against congenital heart and liver diseases only.
Jam’s Yorkies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Jam’s Yorkies
- Address: Lanesville, Indiana
- Phone: (925) 382-3743
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Special Note: Jam’s Yorkies will not release registration papers to buyers interested in breeding a female Yorkie puppy that is too small for breeding. Proof of spay after purchase is needed for the registration papers to be released.
9. Columbine Yorkies – Colorado
Columbine Yorkies is a small breeder that strives to produce healthy Yorkshire Terriers that are up to breed standards. All their Yorkies live inside their home along with the owners and family.
This Yorkie breeder has all its adult pups regularly health tested. They also actively show their dogs in AKC-sanctioned shows. They take pride in breeding the best Yorkie puppies that are up to standard.
Columbine Yorkies does not intentionally breed tiny or teacup Yorkie puppies. Although, they occasionally produce pups that are too small for the show ring. These Yorkie puppies may be sold as companions or home pets instead.
All the Yorkie puppies for sale come with AKC papers and are given age-appropriate shots. They are also dewormed and microchipped beforehand.
Columbine Yorkies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Columbine Yorkies
- Address: Lakewood, Colorado
- Phone: (303) 263-9425
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Note: Columbine Yorkies offers training services for Yorkie puppies and adults. They also provide pet care and lodging for owners who are out of town.
10. Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers – Connecticut
Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers has been involved in breeding and showing Yorkies for over ten years. This Yorkie breeder works diligently to produce healthy and happy Yorkie puppies for both show rings and family homes.
This Yorkie breeder has shown around 13 dogs to several different championships and continues to strive to achieve more both in and out of the show ring.
One of the most important codes of ethics this breeder follows is continuously preserving and improving the Yorkshire Terrier breed through a careful, educated, and healthy breeding program.
Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers currently has eight female and six male Yorkies with them at their facility. This Yorkie breeder loves to spoil their adult and puppy Yorkies with lots of love and care daily.
Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers
- Address: Ashford, Connecticut
- Phone: (508) 341-9142
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: Hi Hopes Yorkshire Terriers does not have any social media accounts, so they advise interested buyers to contact them via email or phone to inquire about the available Yorkie puppies for sale.
Buyers must always practice utmost caution before making any transactions. Be sure to double-check all the breeder’s details and information to avoid any problems or misunderstandings before and during your purchase.
Other Sources to Find Yorkie Puppies for Sale
Although finding a Yorkie breeder has become simpler with the help of online resources, Yorkie litters tend to be extremely limited. This is due to the fact that the majority of Yorkie breeders prioritize quality over quantity.
If your selected Yorkie breeder has no available Yorkie puppies at the moment, below are a few other reputable sources where you can find Yorkie puppies for sale:
- American Kennel Club (AKC) Marketplace – The AKC Marketplace is one of the most trusted sources that feature reputable breeders from all over the country. There are currently over 600 Yorkie puppies for sale listed on this site. The breeder’s history and achievements are also shown on each listing.
- Good Dog – Good Dog is a widely-known and reputable network featuring credible and responsible breeders. There are currently over 500 Yorkie puppies for sale. You can easily navigate their website based on your location and the mode of transportation you prefer.
- PuppySpot – PuppySpot is a small online community where dog lovers can search for caring and responsible breeders. This website currently features over 30 Yorkie puppy listings. You can easily select the kind of Yorkie you want based on its age, color, and location.
While these are just a few websites for reputable Yorkie breeders, there are several other sources where you can purchase Yorkie puppies. You may check the YTCA breeder directory for more.
How Much Does a Yorkie Cost? Puppy Prices & Expenses
Yorkie puppies typically cost around $800 to $1,500. For Yorkshire Terriers bred from AKC champions, their prices may range from $1,500 to $10,000.
Aside from the initial cost of purchasing or adopting a Yorkie puppy, caring for this adorable pup also entails several other important expenses. Below is a summarized list of the basic necessities your Yorkie puppy would need:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Food and Treats||$30 – $80|
|Bowls||$10 – $30|
|Toys||$20 – $30|
|Beds||$30 – $200|
|Collars and Leashes||$15 – $50|
|Crates and Carriers||$30 – $200|
|Grooming Essentials||$50 – $150|
|Initial Vet Visits||$100 – $500|
|Initial Vaccine Shots||$50 – $300|
|Deworming, Flea, and Tick Medications||$40 – $300|
|Neutering or Spaying||$50 – $500|
|Microchipping||$40 – $60|
|Dog License||$10 – $20|
|Other Essentials||$20 – $50|
|Total Initial Cost||$495 – $2,470|
It is important to only invest in high-quality items that can last long periods or even a lifetime. This is to avoid making repeat purchases for cheap items that would not last long.
Although the total expenses may seem like a rather large price to pay, the majority of these are only one-time purchases. These may include your Yorkie’s bowls, collars, crates, and many more.
How Do You Find the Best Yorkie Breeders in Your Area?
Since Yorkshire Terriers have grown extremely popular over the years, the number of Yorkie breeders has also continued to increase. It may be difficult for some to choose the best breeder out of the large selection available.
Below are a few tips on selecting a Yorkie breeder in your area that best suits your needs:
- Ask for a referral from your veterinarian. Veterinarians are often familiar with reputable local breeders. One of the best options when looking for a good Yorkie breeder is to ask your veterinarian for a referral.
- Visit a pet show. Breeders and dog lovers alike can easily be spotted joining or attending pet shows. Visiting these kinds of events can help you discover Yorkie breeders near you.
- Join Yorkshire Terrier groups and forums online. There are several Yorkie groups and forums online that you can join for free. You may ask for credible referrals from other dog owners as well as their experience with their selected Yorkie breeder.
- Research the breeders’ reputations. There are several Yorkie breeders with impressive reputations. Despite their affiliations and achievements, the buyer is still responsible for thoroughly researching each breeder to check which would make the best match.
It is important to carefully select a Yorkie breeder that is ethical, responsible, and meets all of your needs. Meeting your selected breeder beforehand to learn more about their background and breeding methods is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Find the Best Yorkie Breeder?
Finding the best dog breeder may be subjective. The best breeder for you is someone who has the kind of pup you are looking for, practices proper breeding methods, and is willing to provide support in caring for your pup.
The best breeder for you is also preferably someone located near you. If your selected breeder is located elsewhere, opt to meet them personally instead of having the puppy shipped to ensure its health and safety.
How Do You Tell If a Breeder Is a Good Breeder?
There are several ways to determine if a breeder is a good one. Good breeders should be extremely knowledgeable about the dogs they raise. They would also know the temperament and personality of each puppy.
Good breeders would also allow you to visit their facility to see how the dogs are raised and socialized. Their environment should be well-maintained and cleaned daily for the health and safety of all the dogs.
What Questions Should You Ask a Breeder When Buying a Puppy?
It is important to ask your selected breeder all the questions you need to know before purchasing a puppy. These questions should involve how the puppies were bred, raised, socialized, and trained.
You must also inquire about the puppy’s overall health. Ask if the puppy has received all its age-appropriate vaccinations and if it has been dewormed.
Also, take note of the kind of food the puppy eats for future reference.
How Do You Know If a Dog Breeder Is Scamming You?
Puppy scams usually feature prices that are too good to be true. Research your desired puppy’s typical price range and compare them with the prices from your selected breeder. Very low prices are typical signs of a scam.
Also, fake breeders typically don’t accept phone calls or personal visits. They usually demand payments beforehand using unsafe methods without any assurance of meeting them or the puppies in person.
Below is a video that can help you learn more tips on how to avoid puppy scams online:
Given the wide selection of breeders online, finding the best one for you may be quite difficult. Despite the efforts needed to find a good match, the result of getting your desired puppy would be well worth the time spent.
Keep in mind that not all breeders are responsible and ethical. It is extremely important to distinguish the two to avoid purchasing from breeders that don’t prioritize the dog’s health or practice proper breeding methods.
Careful planning is also needed before purchasing a puppy. You must prepare all its basic necessities beforehand and take note of all the daily, monthly, and annual expenses needed in caring for your new pup.
Feel free to share your experience in purchasing from a Yorkie breeder in the comments below! All questions regarding Yorkie breeders and puppies are also welcome!