If you are looking for a Husky breeder, finding a responsible one is essential. A responsible Husky breeder will always care for the welfare of this breed and will always practice humane and ethical breeding.
For sure, you do not want to support a puppy mill. That’s why you must find quality Siberian Husky puppies for sale. This will ensure you’ll receive a healthy puppy who will be a perfect addition to your family.
In this article, we’ll list ten of the most reputable Husky breeders across the United States and provide tips on how to find legitimate breeders in your area. Keep on reading and find that adorable Siberian Husky puppy for you!
10 Best Places to Buy Husky Puppies
Buying a Husky from a reputable breeder will ensure you’ll get a healthy puppy. You can find a lot of Husky breeders online, but which one is trustworthy?
Carelessly buying a puppy can make you get it from a puppy mill that mass-breeds dogs in unsanitary and unethical conditions.
Meanwhile, below are some of the best breeders of Siberian Husky puppies in the country:
1. Mirage Siberians – Texas
All their dogs have been very successful in conformation shows. Plus, Mirage Siberians have also received an AKC Breeder of Merit award. This only shows how their dogs conform to the breed standards.
Meanwhile, all of their Siberian Huskies have undergone thorough health checks before being bred. Additionally, each Husky puppy comes with a health guarantee.
Meanwhile, this Siberian Husky breeder always recommends doing some research on the breed before taking one in. It’s because different types of dogs have their quirks and characteristics.
However, Mirage Siberians are always open to answering your questions regarding the breed and the Husky puppy you have in mind if you plan to apply for their litter.
Mirage Siberians Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Mirage Siberians
- Address: Gladewater, Texas 75647
- Phone: (903) 261–5543
- Social: You may reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
2. Karamad Siberians – California
Karamad Siberians are located in central California, right at the base of the Sequoia Mountains. For over 30 years, the Siberian Husky breed has been a part of their family.
With a small breeding program and the expectation that each new generation will improve upon its predecessor, all Husky puppies are bred selectively for health and well-being.
Aside from that, their dogs are also socialized because they all share the same yard. Karamad Siberians also work hard to develop proper behavior among their Siberian Huskies.
All of their dogs have an Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) certification. This certificate guarantees that their Huskies do not have orthopedic and genetic problems.
Further, the dogs from Karamad Siberians also have Siberian Husky Ophthalmic Registry (SHOR) certification for inheritable eye diseases.
Karamad Siberians Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Karamad Siberians
- Address: Sequoia, California 93262
- Phone: (559) 905–0408
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You may also reach them via Facebook.
3. Snoebear Siberians – Pennsylvania
Snoebear Siberians are proud of their multiple generations of champion Siberian Huskies, which include grand champions and best in shows. This very experienced breeder from Pennsylvania established their breeding program as early as 1979.
What began as just a small breeding program of sled dogs transformed into a program that competed in the show ring, even partnering with Crystal Fountain Siberians of Tokyo, Japan, in 2012.
Aside from celebrating their success in the show ring, they are also regarded as an AKC Breeder of Merit and also carry the distinction of being the 2017 Siberian Husky Club of America’s Breeder of the Year.
Each of the litter they produce is well-planned, with much focus given to the health and temperament of each puppy.
Aside from their available puppies that can be viewed on their website, Snoebear Siberians also offer frozen semen collected from their champion stud dogs for those who wish to add these pedigrees to their breeding programs.
Snoebear Siberians Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Snoebear Siberians
- Address: Edinboro, Pennsylvania 16412
- Phone: (814) 450–3285
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You may also reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
4. Bralin Siberian Huskies – Colorado
The breeding program of this Husky breeder prioritizes the Siberian Husky puppy’s physical and mental well-being and physical and behavioral conformity with the breed’s standards.
In addition to being a member of the AKCs Bred with HEART program and a recipient of the Good Breeder ribbon from Good Dog, Bralin Siberian Huskies has also been recognized as an AKC Breeder of Merit.
The Puppy Culture is the methodology used to raise Bralin Husky puppies for sale. It includes neurological and sound stimulation, desensitization to everyday household items and grooming, and socialization.
They also let the Husky puppies familiarize themselves with various materials and surfaces. Aside from that, they also crate-train the puppies and teach them how to respond to the clicker and no-bite commands.
Bralin Siberian Huskies also teach their puppies for sale how to walk on a leash, making it easier for the new family once the puppies are rehomed.
Bralin Siberian Huskies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Bralin Siberian Huskies
- Address: Walsenburg, Colorado 81089
- Phone: (248) 330–1555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You may reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
5. Echoing Wind Siberians – Minnesota
Echoing Wind Siberians is a modest kennel in Minnesota. They have over 50 years of experience breeding Siberian Husky puppies according to AKC standards.
Aside from that, their dogs have also won numerous awards from the American Kennel Club (AKC), United Kennel Club (UKC), and International All-Breed Canine Association (IABCA).
All of their dogs are health-tested to ensure they don’t have hereditary health issues. They also provide a written health guarantee in case the Husky puppy is proven to have inherited health issues.
This health guarantee will allow the new family to keep their first Husky puppy as long as they can take good care of the puppy. Meanwhile, this Husky breeder will give the family a new healthy puppy.
This Husky breeder is always after quality rather than quantity. Like other responsible breeders, they believe this breed is not for everyone, and one must be familiar with the Husky before getting one.
You can contact them if you have any inquiries about this stunning breed. They are more than willing to help their clients become more educated about everything there is to know about the Siberian Husky.
Echoing Wind Siberians Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Echoing Winds Siberians
- Address: Randall, Minnesota 56475
- Phone: (320) 630–6098
- Email: email@example.com
- Socials: You may reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
6. The Siberian Empire – Tennessee
Since 2014, the Siberian Empire has committed itself to raising exceptional Siberian Huskies through its responsible breeding program.
For decades, their Siberian Huskies have been selected for their amiable natures and their potential as wonderful household companions. Their dogs were then raised and socialized with other animals from birth.
They are an AKC’s Bred with HEART program member and were recognized with Good Dog’s Good Breeder Certificate.
They are also registered as a Class T Carrier under the Animal Welfare Act. Meanwhile, their Husky puppies for sale come with a limited or complete set of AKC registration papers, a microchip, and vet records.
Each of their puppies also comes with a puppy package that contains a leash and collar, toys, food, coupons, and 30 days of free health insurance.
The Siberian Empire Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: The Siberian Empire
- Address: Seymour, Tennessee 37865
- Phone: (423) 223–5809
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You may reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
7. Kaylenberg Siberian Huskies – Alaska
The breeding program of Kaylenberg Siberian Huskies aims to produce offspring that are equally effective in the great outdoors and the dog show ring.
Meanwhile, they’ve shifted to producing versatile working dogs with strong personalities as the years passed. They blend pedigrees that include sprint racing lines into show lines.
Their dogs are also certified by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). Plus, they also routinely check their dogs for any eye disorders. This way, you are sure to get a healthy puppy.
On the other hand, their dam and sires have also received various championship awards from different categories of the Working Group Dog Club of Alaska (WGDCA).
They also do rescue work for Huskies in addition to their breeding activities. Most dogs in rescues are adults whose previous owners could no longer care for them.
Kaylenberg Siberian Huskies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Kaylenberg Siberian Huskies
- Address: Willow, Alaska 99688
- Email: email@example.com
- Special Note: This kennel does not ship their dogs.
8. Nalowinds Boarding Kennels – Hawaii
Nalowinds has taken great pride over the past 25 years in producing high-caliber, award-winning Siberian Husky puppies. Their dogs have won numerous titles in both obedience and conformation shows.
In 1987, this Siberian Husky breeder opened Nalowinds Boarding Kennels on Oahu, where they had put everything they had learned about raising healthy, well-adjusted, high-quality Husky puppies.
Their rapid expansion necessitated the construction of a climate-controlled indoor facility with ample space for dogs to play. They have been officially recognized as a legal, commercial boarding facility.
Their facility is also routinely checked by local authorities. That’s why all dog owners can be sure that their pets are in good hands once they entrust them to Nalowinds Boarding Kennel.
To that end, they are also committed to doing everything possible to give pets in their facility the greatest care possible.
Nalowinds Boarding Kennels Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Nalowinds Boarding Kennels
- Address: 41-502 Flamingo Street, Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795
- Phone: (808) 259–7349
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You may reach them via Facebook.
9. Of the Midnight Sun Siberian Huskies – Colorado
Of the Midnight Sun Siberian Huskies have produced many champions, and they only breed within their own Siberian Husky lines. They do this to improve their own bloodlines and keep the dogs’ health in check.
Their goal has always been to produce healthy dogs that are competent in the show ring and obedience event and make terrific family pets, just as their ancestors did.
Meanwhile, their adult Huskies have undergone the necessary health certifications and are microchipped. This Husky breeder also provides a written health guarantee for every Husky puppy for sale.
This means that they agree to replace a Husky puppy they have sold if it turns out that the dog has genetic health issues. However, you can be guaranteed that all their puppies are healthy.
Of the Midnight Sun Siberian Huskies Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Of the Midnight Sun Siberian Huskies
- Address: Nathrop, Colorado 81236
- Phone: (719) 539–4080
- Email: email@example.com
- Special note: They have a separate website for their boarding services.
10. Cascade Siberians – Washington
Cascade Siberians is a Husky breeder nestled in the lush forests of the Pacific Northwest. They are committed to providing healthy, beautiful Husky puppies to loving homes.
Their small, family-run kennel opened in 2016 specifically to care for this breed. They breed both wooly and standard Huskies that are of pet quality.
All of their dogs also have passed Embark DNA testing and OFA exams. These routine tests allow owners to learn about their dog’s ancestry, health, and possible health issues they may have in the future.
This Husky breeder provides a contract for each Husky puppy for sale, which states that in the event you cannot take care of the puppy anymore, it must be returned to Cascade Siberians.
This ensures that the Husky puppy will not be surrendered in a shelter or be given to another family that the Husky breeder was not even able to know or interview.
Cascade Siberians Breeder Information and Details:
- Website: Cascade Siberians
- Address: Lakebay, Washington 98349
- Phone: (253) 987–2372
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socials: You may reach them via Facebook and Instagram.
These reliable husky breeders are some of the most reliable sources for a healthy, high-quality Husky puppy. They are dedicated to ethical breeding, animal care, and producing well-rounded Huskies.
Meanwhile, check out this video from a responsible Siberian Husky breeder.
Other Sources to Find Husky Puppies for Sale
Understandably, many of these breeders may have long waiting lists due to their reputation. Fortunately, there are also other options where you can search for legitimate Husky breeders.
The following are some potential avenues to explore:
- American Kennel Club Marketplace (AKC) – The AKC Marketplace is composed only of professional and Husky breeders that follow the breed standards. This ensures that you are dealing with a breeder employing ethical breeding practices and end up with a healthy Siberian Husky that has an excellent temperament.
- Siberian Husky Club of America (SHCA) – As the AKC’s national breed club for the Siberian Husky, the Siberian Husky Club of America follows strict standards for all its breeder members. With its commitment to responsible breeding practices, dealing with SHCA’s breeders will guarantee the health and quality of your Husky puppy.
- Good Dog – Good Dog is a trustworthy platform that can connect you with reputable Husky breeders. This organization honors breeders who can keep up with their high standards for quality and health. Additionally, their platform is user-friendly and provides all the critical information for you to make an informed decision.
Remember that research is critical to find a reliable Husky breeder. Before making any purchase, visiting the kennel and seeing if they are practicing ethical breeding is essential.
How Much Does a Husky Cost? Puppy Prices & Expenses
A Siberian Husky puppy usually costs between $400 and $1,500, while those from the champion bloodlines range from $2,500 to $5,000. This price may also vary depending on the dog’s age and gender.
The most expensive varieties of Husky puppies are those that grow up to become show dogs. These Husky puppies may come with additional charges, depending on the breeder.
Aside from the purchase price, it would be best to consider the costs of its necessary supplies, vaccinations, and vitamins. Here is a summarized table for the initial costs of a Husky puppy:
|Type of Expense||Cost|
|Food and Treats||$70 – $110|
|Bowls||$10 – $30|
|Toys||$30 – $60|
|Beds||$40 – $200|
|Collars and Leashes||$15 – $50|
|Crates and Carriers||$50 – $370|
|Grooming Essentials||$50 – $160|
|Initial Vet Visits||$100 – $500|
|Initial Vaccine Shots||$50 – $200|
|Deworming, Flea, and Tick Medications||$40 – $300|
|Neutering or Spaying||$50 – $500|
|Microchipping||$40 – $60|
|Dog License||$10 – $20|
|Other Essentials||$20 – $50|
|Total Initial Cost||$505 – $2,610|
Please note that this is best applicable to first-time Siberian Husky owners. However, if you are an experienced dog parent, you may already have some of their necessities, which can help reduce your expenses.
How Do You Find the Best Husky Breeders in Your Area?
If you still need help finding a Husky puppy from the list we have given, or the Husky breeders on our list are just too far from you, you may still try other methods to get a Husky puppy.
Below are some tips you can follow to find Husky puppies in your area:
- Look into social media groups dedicated to Siberian Huskies: Social media pages, groups, and ads can be a good way to connect with a Siberian Husky breeder in your area, especially if you tailor your search to your location. In addition, many dog owners share photos of their pets online, often naming the kennel source.
- Ask for recommendations from your vet: It’s safe to say that most vets in town have good relationships with local breeders. They might even deal with local kennels that house Siberian Husky breeders.
- Attend local pet fairs: The best place to find Husky breeders and examine the puppies they have for sale is by attending a local pet fair. Given how common Huskies are, you can count on seeing them there.
If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, you can definitely locate Siberian Husky puppies for sale in your area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Find the Best Husky Breeder?
If you want to find a reputable Husky breeder, you can ask your vet for recommendations, join Husky-related social media groups, get in touch with local breed clubs, or go to dog shows.
Researching the breeder’s background is also helpful. Check if they are registered with reputable organizations and have the required permits to breed, if necessary.
How Do You Tell If a Breeder Is a Good Breeder?
Reputable breeders will never sell a puppy through a pet store or any other channel that prevents them from conducting an in-depth interview to ensure the puppy is going to a good home.
Aside from the stringent puppy application process, you may also visit the kennel and see how they care for their dogs. A healthy kennel environment is a sign of a good breeder.
What Questions Should You Ask a Breeder When Buying a Puppy?
It would be best to ask as many questions as possible when purchasing a puppy to ensure you’re not contributing to the illegal puppy trade and to get a healthy and happy dog.
Below are some questions you can ask a Husky breeder before buying:
- Can I visit the mother and her puppies?
- How old are the puppies?
- How old is their mother?
- How many litters did the mother have?
- Can you tell me about the health history of the parents?
By asking about the breeder’s practices, health testing, socialization methods, and the puppy’s parents and lineage, you can learn more about their reputation and how they conform to the breed’s standard.
How Do You Know If a Dog Breeder Is Scamming You?
According to the American Kennel Club (AKC), these are some red flags that a Husky breeder is trying to scam you.
- Avoids phone calls: Before selling you a puppy, a trustworthy breeder will always have some conversation with you, preferably over the phone or online video chat.
- Stock images and clones: There are some places online where you can view pictures of the dog or read the advertisement. Examine the listing’s text to see if the vendor cut and pasted it from another source.
- Sketchy mode of payment: Know that it’s doubtful that you’ll get your money back if you pay with a non-secure method. Always use a secure method of payment before making a purchase online.
- The cost is too low to be real: Scammers will occasionally advertise puppies at a very low cost to lure customers. Hence, you should exercise caution whenever you come across an offer that looks too good to be true.
- Insignia of a breeder: Scammers may use the AKC emblem to make their ads look official. To clarify, the AKC does not provide breeders with identification badges.
Remember that a trustworthy breeder will be honest and transparent and prioritize their puppies’ well-being over making money.
It’s always crucial to do your own research and ask appropriate questions when dealing with Husky breeders. This is to avoid being scammed and buying from puppy mills.
Remember that an ethical and responsible breeder will willingly provide information about their breeding methods, health testing, and socialization techniques and prioritize the well-being of their puppies over profit.
With the help of this list of legitimate breeders, you can find a healthy puppy that best suits your lifestyle! Have you found a Husky breeder in your area?
Please share your experience dealing with a reputable breeder in the comment section!